Friday, January 8, 2010

2010

Well another decade is behind me and wow what a decade it was! I graduated high school, spent 5 years in college, graduated college, moved into my own apartment in my hometown of Tulsa (moved several times AFTER graduation), obtained my first "professional" job, changed jobs two more times, served as a maid of honor in my best friend's wedding and in my sister' s wedding, served as a bridesmaid in another friend's wedding, watched my Sooners dominate and be dominated, etc.
As I sit here and reflect on the most recent year, 2009, I have mixed feelings and emotions. Part of me enjoys being able to say goodbye to '09 and never look back. But the other part of me will always look back at the past year with fond memories that bring me joy. In the last year I traveled halfway across the world to Northeast India and enjoyed the lovely creation of the Himilaya Mountains, I watched my little sister marry the love of her life and best friend, I had my heart broken, to the point I wasn't sure what was up and what was down, I traveled to Dallas not once but twice, saw two of my favorite bands in concert, gained many great friends but lost a few along the way as well and turned the ripe old age of 28 (which I must say has been THE hardest birthday to date). So all in all it was bittersweet year - I look forward to 2010, the year of no fear.
To my lovely friends and family that aided in the positive and fond memories of 2009, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are my inspiration, as cheesy as that sounds. And I think I'll update this thing a little more often. :)

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog candice! cheers to you! i hope 2010 is your favorite year yet!! love ya!

    ReplyDelete