Thursday, February 25, 2010

Birthdays bringing people together

Today I found out that birthdays can indeed bring about reconciliation. There's been quite a bit of tension between me and a coworker in the past few months. Mostly because I called her out on her nonsense but only by doing a job that I was assigned to do. She's been in "retaliation mode" recently and been pawning off some of her minuscule duties to me when I am NOT in any way her personal assistant. (Don't worry I'm keeping tabs and will be discussing it with my boss soon) But today was her 40th birthday and I am responsible for all birthday celebrations. At TCF we usually just do a dessert that is a favorite of the birthday boy/girl. But 40th birthdays are apparently a little different and we do a little extra. So we decided to get a cake, decorate the board room to surprise her, decorate her office and even embarass her a little. All in all I can honestly say I did NOT want any part of this and wished I could have opted out. But alas I cannot so I decided to "buck it up" and do it. I would want someone to do that for my birthday. So I did it and I don't think that all is resolved in just one day - remember Rome wasn't built in a day - however, today was a turning point and I think we could definitely be on the road to "recovery." I thought the timing of this "event" was just downright unfair but the Lord turned it into a positive occurrence and I am honored to serve a God who knows more than me and knows what I need even before I do. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment