Monday, August 16, 2010

Peace and rest

So a friend of mine asked me to write about God's peace and rest and how the Lord is the only way to true restoration and true peace. I'm not one for writing about something that is forced upon me but I'll see what I can do ...
You are the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Great peace have they who love your law
For He himself is our peace, peace that surpasses understanding, He will restore me and make me whole
God you are the one true God, the one my soul longs for, the one who gives me peace amidst the storms, you calm the seas and you calm my spirit. You restore my soul and keep me in your care.
How could I go a day without knowing you're by my side? How could I embark on life without having the peace of knowing you are there? How could I take a leap of faith without knowing you're the one who will catch me? How can I say goodbye without knowing you are the King eternal and one day I will see them again? You've seen me through it all and I know you'll continue to walk me through this journey. Your peace surpasses what my mind can grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment